Sartell Chamber of Commerce / Convention and Visitors Bureau Executive Director
Independent Contractor Position Description
The Sartell Chamber of Commerce is seeking an independent contractor with initiative, creativity, strong aptitude with social media, and sincere desire to grow with an organization to serve as the Executive Director of the Sartell Chamber/Convention & Visitor’s Bureau (CVB). This is the perfect contract position for someone who can successfully maintain and effectively carry out a list of responsibilities on a contract basis with only policy level supervision delivered by organizational boards of the Chamber and CVB.
Reports to: The contractor will report directly to the Sartell Chamber Board of Directors, but also with some limited interaction with and reporting delivered to the Sartell Convention & Visitor’s Bureau Advisory Board
The contractor will provide professional services to the Chamber and CVB with starting annual compensation to range between $40,000 and $50,000 based on experience. Contractor will perform the services under this contract at such location and at such times as Contractor deems appropriate while providing the service requested by the Chamber and CVB. Contractor will provide all tools, transportation, and communication devices deemed necessary to carry out the services of this agreement with no mileage or other expense reimbursement from the Chamber other than a phone allowance to be agreed upon by the parties and reimbursement of direct expenses for Chamber supplies the contractor may purchase with pre-approval of the Chamber.
The chosen contractor will be encouraged to assist in the evolution and development of the position and contract, and initial services include but are not limited to:
- Maintain online calendar of Chamber events and develop and execute a Chamber social media calendar; benchmarking, tracking and reporting on social efforts
- Maintain online calendar of other Sartell community events that will bring tourism and visitors to Sartell and develop and execute a CVB marketing plan to maximize benefits of those events to Sartell businesses. This includes making recommendations to the CVB Board on additional marketing service contracts that may be needed for such outreach.
- Chamber/CVB website maintenance and content rotation
- Maintain relationships with Sartell Chamber members and Sartell hospitality businesses and recreational venues to be able to showcase them to potential tourists, events and tournament planners.
- Attend Board meetings and make written or personal presentations to Chamber and CVB Boards as needed.
- Coordinate with City, School, Chamber, CVB and other local groups to create united messaging, assemble resources, promote events, and utilize volunteers to promote overnight stays, dining and shopping in Sartell.
- Grow and retain Chamber memberships and sell ads to members; coordinate monthly meetings including speakers, lunch sponsors, agendas, RSVPs, etc.
- Manage, promote and attend Chamber events, specifically including but not limited to Community Showcase, Recognition Banquet, Leadercast, Rock’N Block, Golf Outing, Blue Jacket Ambassador Program and Holiday Social.
- Handle all administrative tasks of the Chamber, including invoicing, bank deposits, mail processing, bill processing, payment tracking, membership prospect lists, answering Chamber telephone and providing timely responses to inquiries, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Three or more years of marketing and/or management experience
- Must have car and valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Professional appearance and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Competency with Microsoft Office and/or Google Docs with ability to produce professional looking correspondence, meeting and event notices, etc.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and QUALIFICATIONs:
- Competency with Chamber Master database software
- Current knowledge of the Sartell community, its businesses, attractions and amenities
- Experience in event planning or event management
- Work requires frequent travel within and sometimes outside of city, including evening and weekend hours.
- Event oversight sometimes requires standing for long periods and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Two or four-year degree from an academic institution
Interested parties must present a cover letter, qualifications and work history by February 13, 2017 at 4:30 pm to firstname.lastname@example.org.