Rock N Block Homebrew Contest
Who is Eligible to Enter?
The competition is open to any homebrewer from within the United States. Contestants will be considered as an individual entrant on the basis of person’s name appearing on the registration form. If more than one person helped brew the beer, everyone who assisted must be listed on your entry form. Team beers are acceptable, but the entrant must have been an active participant in the brewing process. Only one flavor entry is allowed per entrant. Beers brewed in commercially licensed facilities are ineligible.
Contest entry is complimentary with Rock n Block entrance ticket. Only one Beer entry per ticket holder will be accepted. (Team of two brewers can enter 2 flavors)
Your entry MUST be registered via the online website by August 5, 2016 at midnight. If you have any questions, please contact Roy at email@example.com . Entries will be limited to the first 40 Beers registered so register asap!
Check in will begin at 5:30 and public access opens at 6:00 PM. If more than one person was involved in brewing a beer, at least one of the listed brewers must be present during contest hours.
- You MUST provide 5 gals, or equivalent for sampling. Not all 5 gallons has to be the same as the beer entered, but it is preferred that it is. Beer may be in bottles cans, growlers or kegs, that’s your choice.
- Only 1 ENTRY will be allowed per ticket holder.
- Only beer may be entered. No mead, cider, or wine entries will be accepted.
- The beer must be home brewed to enter. No entries brewed at commercial facilities will be accepted.
- You MUST be 21 to enter.
Entry Forms and Labels
- All Entries MUST be registered online prior to arrival at event.
- Each entry must be submitted with a fact sheet for display. Type of beer, malt & hops varietals alcohol content, and IBU’s must be listed. 8.5” x 11” for easy reference.
- Judging will be as fair as possible to all entrants. Common rules will be used, and they will be applied and enforced uniformly. This competition will be run in a spirit of fairness.
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- Best of show – Winner gets to brew 1 batch of their recipe with the UMBC Brewer on the UMBC 15bbl system! That beer will be sold at UMBC and a portion of the revenue generated is being donated to the Sartell Chamber! Winner also receives 6 tickets to the Release party that includes food and a 5 beer sampler.
People’s choice awards
- Winner receives 4 tickets to the Rock N Block Beer Release party.
Registration has closed as of midnight on August 5, 2016.